I am feeling slightly old....but don't mind. We went to a movie the other day w/ some kids from church. I don't feel like they are younger to the point that we don't know what to talk about...but it is funny sometimes when the 'kids' are around 20. We went in and Mike sat us somewhat close to the front of the theater. I asked if we were too close and he said, "aaa, I don't know its fine." After that he mentioned three times that he felt too close. So we finally decided to move. I felt like our eyes couldn't adjust like the young kids these days. I know we aren't that old but it did make me laugh. I also felt like it was too loud and worried about my eardrums. Then when we got to our new seats I smelled a dirty diaper. It was that newborn diaper smell. I was seriously looking around for a baby. Then it hit me that it smells oddly similar to popcorn....which is what it was. Buttered popcorn from the guy right in front of me. I was cracking up at how my movie experience has changed from high school high. Just so we are clear....I love that I am older....I love that I think of my little man Max at that smell....I love that I need to move back w/ my over 30 husband....I love and cherish my stage in life right now.
1 comment:
wow, you guys are old! you are so funny. i would probably be the same way. I haven't had teh opportunity to go to a movie in a long time! :)
janelle
Post a Comment